I think we can all agree that we are creatures of habit, and the same goes for my make-up department. Once you find the products that really work, we tend to stick by what we know... don't we? I've been a loyal Bobbi customer since I started wearing make-up, and that's where I buy the majority of my products. So, here are my top 10 make-up miracles!!
1. Foundation Stick - Shade Sand. I am starting with this because it is absolutely my number one product! I was introduced to this when I went for my bridal make-up session with Bobbi Brown and they told me that this would give me great coverage, photograph really well and also not feel like I'm wearing it. They were so right, and I have worn this every day since!
2. Concealer - Shade Warm Beige. This little concealer stick has been going for so many years! They don't even do concealer sticks anymore so I've linked the most similar textured one. I know most make-up products have a sell buy date... but that doesn't tend to bother me. This is just as good ow as it was when I bought it and it' still going strong!
3. Bronzer - Shade Golden Light. I've been wearing this same bronzer for years. It's a lovely shade and gives you that soft, natural glow with out looking a shade of orange.
4. Blusher - Shade Pretty Pink. This blusher looks so much brighter here than it does once it's on your cheeks, which I find with a lot of Bobbi blushers. Such a lovely strong colour but blends so evenly on the apples of your cheeks to create a subtle rosy look.
5. Eye Shadow Primer - This again was bought in preparation for my wedding day. I did everything I could to make my make-up last all day long, which it did! I don't wear eye shadow everyday, but when I do, I apply this just before and let it sink it. It definitely hold's on to that eye shadow a lot longer that you bare skin does.
6. Eye Shadow Palette - Shade Shimmering Sands. This was a limited edition eye shadows et with Kate Upton and when I saw it I fell in love with all the shades (I have linked something similar). There is something for every occasion both summer and winter which made me think it would certainly get a lot of use.
7. Eye Shadow Stick - Shade Golden Bronze. I swear by this! Its so quick and easy to use for such an effective look. I usually just use it to draw a thick line just above my lashes but also looks great over a pale shimmery eye shadow and then just smudged in with your finger. Perfect when time is limited!
8. Eye Opening Mascara - This mascara actually came as a freebie in a recent order of mine and I'm so pleased it did. I have used it ever since and it also seems to be lasting rather a long time. I'll be sure to buy the full size version as soon as this runs outs!
9. Lipsticks - Shades (from left to right) Shell, Coral Pink & Uber Pink. Possibly my favourite make-up product to buy. I love a new lippy and Bobbi have the perfect range! Can you tell I love the coral shades? You can never have to many!
10. Lip and Cheek Creme - Shade Calypso Coral. This is so handy!! It's a couple of years old, not that you can tell, but I have linked the current version of it. I keep it it my handbag at all times as it doubles up as lip colour and blush. A handbag essential!
I have so enjoyed writing and photographing this post, it makes me want to do a lot more beauty! I hope you've enjoyed it!
I've decided to start a monthly 'favourites' post! I feel this gives me time and space to show all my favourite things whether it be new additions to my wardrobe or products that I've fallen for this month! I plan to go through them all in a little more detail rather than more briefly on my snapchat where you only get a snippet!
So here it is... my favourite things from July! I think my two biggest winners here are my phone case and also my new blue mirrored sunglasses. I fell totally in love with both of these instantly!
So here is a little break down of this months favourites, in no particular order...
Navy Clutch - Up first my little navy clutch from Sophie Fleming, which is such a good side and comes with detachable straps so it doubles up as an across the body bag. Very handy!
Hand Cream - And the best smelling hand cream at that! Every time i put it on It smells so much like a spa it instantly relaxes you. It's SO good. If you are passing a White Company any time soon you must pop in and use the tester. You won't regret it!
Culottes - How can you miss that floral centre piece! These came from Quiz Clothing and you probably saw them in my last post. Finally I've found a way to wear culottes and I'm a fan!
Perfume - This ghost perfume is an exclusive to the perfume shop. It smells so lovely and it's so nice to have now collected a little range so I don't have to wear the same smell each day.
Phone Case - This phone case came from Xander And Beau, a brand I discovered on instagram. Who doesn't love anything personalised... especially when marble print is involved!
Makeup Brushes - What is not to love about rose gold! So super soft and they have little grips where you fingers go which makes them really comfortable to use. Just a little addition to my ever growing make up burst jar.
Sunglasses - Probably my favourite item here. I'm in LOVE with these from Kapten And Son. You can get different frame shapes, frame colours, different lens colours... it's almost like you can build your own sunglasses.
Vogue - Obviously I could't leave out this months Vogue with the gorgeous Alicia Vikander on the front cover. So beautiful... I'm already thinking about the September issue!
Skin health is so important, especially when summer comes around and those UV rays get all the more stronger. I have already had my first sunburn of the year! Ouch! One summer a few years back my face got really badly sunburnt. My right cheek was so bad that it kind of scabbed over (gross I know!)... even though I had been wearing factor 15 which was clearly not enough. Since that day, I have never worn lotion that is less than SPF 30 for my whole body. You still get a lovely tan but it made me realise I really do need to look after my skin.
However, it's not just on holiday you need to be careful. Your daily routine is just as important.
Now here are some of my tops tips for fresh and glowing summer skin! (Find all links below)
1. Water. Drink plenty of water. The daily recommendation is 2 litres but if you drink more than this even better. Especially when it is warm. Do go over board though... You can drink TOO much!
2. Moisturise. I moisturise everyday after my shower. I feel like when I get out of the shower my skin feels instantly dryer. You don't need anything super expensive, as long as it does the job. I use Boots Simply Sensitive. It has SPF 15 which is great as my foundation doesn't.
3. SPF. Lots of foundations these days have SPF in them which is great. It means everyday you are wearing your foundation you have a little bit of protection too. If your foundation doesn't have SPF then use a moisturiser that does! And of course up the anti on holiday. I use SPF 30 on my face but if I feel any burning at all, I always have factor 50 on hand. I use Piz Buin Ultra Light face fluid. It's not greasy at all which I love!
4. Fake it. Even better than exposing your self to harmful rays... fake tan! There are some great products on the High Street at reasonable prices. For my face I use Garnier self tan cream, and for my body... I swear by fake bake!
5. Exfoliate. I Exfoilate 2 -3 times a week but no more than that. This is enough to attain healthy glowing skin. Over exfoliating can take too much off the top layer of your skin and make it sore (BIG no no if you are holiday), taking away that desired goodness and glow! Again, I don't use anything over expensive, Boots Simply Sensitive.
6. Q10 plus. Now, you may think I'm mad. For a couple of years now I have been using Nivea Q10 plus anti wrinkle cream. I thought, lets prevent the wrinkles rather than worry once they arrive. So far... it's working! Not a wrinkle in sight... although at 24 maybe that's no surprise. I don't use it much, maybe once or twice a week but it makes me feel like I'm doing my bit to stay looking youthful!
7. Sleep. It's key to healthy looking skin! Although sleep is something we can't always have control over. There's not much you can do if you have a bad nights sleep, but if you can... get at least 8 hours.