I'm a true fan of a lovely lippy. It can completely change your look from day to night and add a much needed pop of colour to any neutral outfit!
I am going to go through 5 different lipstick moments... this post is actually part of a competition to become a Bourjois ambassador and to also win a trip to Paris! So please, if you like what you see then I'd love it if you could vote for me HERE ! Thank you!
1. Shopping day / CORAL
For a day out shopping I think something girly and fun is ideal. I really love coral shades and they are so perfect for spring. It's really lovely if you can pick up on a colour in your clothing too which I think I manage to do here! I'm wearing shade 06 which I think looks so young and fresh! I love how bright it is!
2. Date night / DARK RED
This is the time for something far more striking! this deep red colour is perfect for date night, and I think it has just the slightest hint of pink which softens it a little.. Something romantic and bold that you couldn't get away with everyday. I'm wearing the shade 08 which I absolutely love.
3. A day at the office / NUDE
For a day at the office I find something neutral is best. Not too loud and crazy, just a colour that finishes of your look with out being to noticeable. Nudes are perfect for this! I'm wearing the shade 03 which is one that I always keep in my handbag!
4. Girls night out / RASPBERRY
For a night out with the girls the colour that springs to my mind is pink. This dark but soft raspberry colour is just perfect. I think darker shades are great for a night out but with a hint of pink it's not too sever keeping it fun and flirty. I'm wearing the shade 07.
5. Weekend breakfast / PINK
I think this colour is a toned day version of the one I wore for the shopping day. With hints of coral (which I love) it's just a slightly softer shade. Perfect for a morning out and about, and easy to top up after dining! I'm wearing shade 01.
I hope you have enjoyed my 5 lipstick moments!
Please vote for me if you would like me to be the next Bourjois ambassador! Thank you!
Today I want to talk to you about gold... I'm not talking about the kind you wear on your wrist or your fingers, but the 24k kind that is found in this amazing range of skincare products!
I have recently been introduced to KINPAKU which is a relatively new brand offering a range of products set to boost your radiance, protect the break down of collagen while reducing those fine lines and wrinkles, which is music to all of our ears isn't it?
I've tried and tested a few of these products which have left me feeling golden and glowing. Keep reading for the the low down!
First up is the 24K gold handmade soap, with platinum, camomile and liquorice. So, this soap comes with a little net which you dip in to warm water just before use. You then rub it across the soap only a few times and then rub your hand quickly over the net making it foam up... that's when the magic happens! From just a tiny bit of the soap on the net, so much foam is created!
Then rub it all over your face for a really lovely cleanse. My face felt so clean afterwards so will definitely be adding this to my evening routine.
Next up is this lovely little pot of 24k gold moisturiser, with rose oil and triple seaweed extract. This is my favourite product out of the 3. You only need a little bit and the little gold flakes melt in to your face so no need to worry about being left with gold freckles!
This moisturiser has already made me noticeabley less shiny when i've got my make up on. It's such a lovely constancy and really soaks in to your skin rather than sit on top of it which I hadn't realised my old moisturiser was doing. A very welcome addition to my beauty regime.
Last but not least is definitely the funnest product of them all. The 24k gold face mask. This is such an amazing product and fun to use too. Before use, you need to apply a good amount of moisturiser to your face, then place the mask on your face foil side down and pat in to your skin.
The foil will start to transfer to your face and once it seems like most of it has transferred, you can peel off the paper leaving you with a gold leaf face!
I left mine on for a good 15 minutes to make the most of all the goodness my skin must have been absorbing, and then just washed it off by rubbing warm water on my face. I then re-moisturised just because I love it!
These were all such lovely products to use and left my face feeling so fresh and glowy. You can shop all the products just here below...
The hardest part of buying gifts is definitely the initial part of deciding what to get. Inspiration is always needed! Hopefully, if you haven't done all your shopping already this will give you a little helping hand whether you're after something for your Mum, Grandad or nephew... this covers all!
First up, the girls in the family...
So many of these bits I absolutley love and would be very happy to receive my self! A gorgeous silver chain watch from ELIE BAUMONT, smellies from THE WHITE COMPANY spa range (which is my favourite range of them all!), the classic COCO CHANEL, note pads from HOMESENSE (the best place to buy note pads!), a handy leather clutch from SOPHIE FLEMING and a super fluffy pair of slippers from JOHN LEWIS (currently sold out!). What more could girl want!
Second, the boys in the family...
Boys, boys, boys. So hard to buy for year on year! My staple pressie is always Molton Brown. I love it so much and am always happy when my hubby is gifted it as it means I get to use in in the shower! So of course, I started my boys gift list with shower gel and soap from MOLTON BROWN, also and very obviously socks because even though they are boring they are also always needed! This multi pack is from ASOS. A couple of jumpers also ASOS as boys presents seem to be all the more practical than the girls. Topped off by a beautiful smelling after shave BLEU DE CHANEL and choccies from M&S.
Lastly, the kiddos...
Kids are a tricky one. I try so hard to combine something that is actually practical as well as exciting to open! As soon as I thought of the idea of personalised towels I was so excited! I bought 6 for all my nieces and nephews from TOWELS R US, and the quailty is just brilliant! This was the practical present, I thought the parents would think... yes this will actually get used! So... more for the kids I also added sticker books and story books from WATERSTONES. Never to forget the all important chocolate! All my edible gifts this year are from M&S! They have such a great range where you can choose 3 for £10 which includes a stocking! Also, just because it was so super adorable, a gorgeous little bear suit from THE LITTLE WHITE COMPANY. Possibly the cutest shop for all things baby!
So hopefully, if you havent done all your shopping this brings you a little inspiration as I know personally how much is needed! If you have done all your shopping then GO YOU! May all you Christmas's be merry and bright!
I think we can all agree that we are creatures of habit, and the same goes for my make-up department. Once you find the products that really work, we tend to stick by what we know... don't we? I've been a loyal Bobbi customer since I started wearing make-up, and that's where I buy the majority of my products. So, here are my top 10 make-up miracles!!
1. Foundation Stick - Shade Sand. I am starting with this because it is absolutely my number one product! I was introduced to this when I went for my bridal make-up session with Bobbi Brown and they told me that this would give me great coverage, photograph really well and also not feel like I'm wearing it. They were so right, and I have worn this every day since!
2. Concealer - Shade Warm Beige. This little concealer stick has been going for so many years! They don't even do concealer sticks anymore so I've linked the most similar textured one. I know most make-up products have a sell buy date... but that doesn't tend to bother me. This is just as good ow as it was when I bought it and it' still going strong!
3. Bronzer - Shade Golden Light. I've been wearing this same bronzer for years. It's a lovely shade and gives you that soft, natural glow with out looking a shade of orange.
4. Blusher - Shade Pretty Pink. This blusher looks so much brighter here than it does once it's on your cheeks, which I find with a lot of Bobbi blushers. Such a lovely strong colour but blends so evenly on the apples of your cheeks to create a subtle rosy look.
5. Eye Shadow Primer - This again was bought in preparation for my wedding day. I did everything I could to make my make-up last all day long, which it did! I don't wear eye shadow everyday, but when I do, I apply this just before and let it sink it. It definitely hold's on to that eye shadow a lot longer that you bare skin does.
6. Eye Shadow Palette - Shade Shimmering Sands. This was a limited edition eye shadows et with Kate Upton and when I saw it I fell in love with all the shades (I have linked something similar). There is something for every occasion both summer and winter which made me think it would certainly get a lot of use.
7. Eye Shadow Stick - Shade Golden Bronze. I swear by this! Its so quick and easy to use for such an effective look. I usually just use it to draw a thick line just above my lashes but also looks great over a pale shimmery eye shadow and then just smudged in with your finger. Perfect when time is limited!
8. Eye Opening Mascara - This mascara actually came as a freebie in a recent order of mine and I'm so pleased it did. I have used it ever since and it also seems to be lasting rather a long time. I'll be sure to buy the full size version as soon as this runs outs!
9. Lipsticks - Shades (from left to right) Shell, Coral Pink & Uber Pink. Possibly my favourite make-up product to buy. I love a new lippy and Bobbi have the perfect range! Can you tell I love the coral shades? You can never have to many!
10. Lip and Cheek Creme - Shade Calypso Coral. This is so handy!! It's a couple of years old, not that you can tell, but I have linked the current version of it. I keep it it my handbag at all times as it doubles up as lip colour and blush. A handbag essential!
I have so enjoyed writing and photographing this post, it makes me want to do a lot more beauty! I hope you've enjoyed it!
I've decided to start a monthly 'favourites' post! I feel this gives me time and space to show all my favourite things whether it be new additions to my wardrobe or products that I've fallen for this month! I plan to go through them all in a little more detail rather than more briefly on my snapchat where you only get a snippet!
So here it is... my favourite things from July! I think my two biggest winners here are my phone case and also my new blue mirrored sunglasses. I fell totally in love with both of these instantly!
So here is a little break down of this months favourites, in no particular order...
Navy Clutch - Up first my little navy clutch from Sophie Fleming, which is such a good side and comes with detachable straps so it doubles up as an across the body bag. Very handy!
Hand Cream - And the best smelling hand cream at that! Every time i put it on It smells so much like a spa it instantly relaxes you. It's SO good. If you are passing a White Company any time soon you must pop in and use the tester. You won't regret it!
Culottes - How can you miss that floral centre piece! These came from Quiz Clothing and you probably saw them in my last post. Finally I've found a way to wear culottes and I'm a fan!
Perfume - This ghost perfume is an exclusive to the perfume shop. It smells so lovely and it's so nice to have now collected a little range so I don't have to wear the same smell each day.
Phone Case - This phone case came from Xander And Beau, a brand I discovered on instagram. Who doesn't love anything personalised... especially when marble print is involved!
Makeup Brushes - What is not to love about rose gold! So super soft and they have little grips where you fingers go which makes them really comfortable to use. Just a little addition to my ever growing make up burst jar.
Sunglasses - Probably my favourite item here. I'm in LOVE with these from Kapten And Son. You can get different frame shapes, frame colours, different lens colours... it's almost like you can build your own sunglasses.
Vogue - Obviously I could't leave out this months Vogue with the gorgeous Alicia Vikander on the front cover. So beautiful... I'm already thinking about the September issue!