Possibly my favourite time of the day. When the sun is going down and the temperature is still lovely and warm but so much more bearable than the blistering 40+ degree midday heat.
For me, white is the ultimate holiday wardrobe colour. I looked at my hotel room clothes rail and realised just how much white there was! It the ultimate tan enhancer and sometimes (a lot of the time) you just can't wear your pretty white summer dresses back at home! So, I'm making the most of it.
There is a really lovely terrace here where you can sit for dinner which I love. As refreshing as air con can be, you can't beat dining outside listening to the waves crashing on the beach in the distance.
However, even at 8pm it is still 30 degrees here so this loose fitting shirt dress from Lily & Carter is the perfect item to keep cool in. Paired with my RUSEEL AND BROMLEY shoes and SOPHIE FLEMING bag.
To start off.. this is a very short but sweet (pun intended) post! No as picture heavy as usual!
Having a birthday on holiday is kind of a really lovely thing. There isn't much fuss, you can lie on the beach all day... and like us, have a real treat for dinner!
But before we could even think about dinner, I woke up to a knock at the door. To my delight, I was greeted by this beautiful birthday cake and OHH MY it was absolutely delicious! A real treat to wake up to. Which was obviously followed by a more usual breakfast...
After a long day on the beach as planned, we started to think about dinner at UMI. We first went to Umi on our honeymoon and fell so in love with how amazing the food was. I can't even put it to words how good it is, but... if you are ever in the UAE you really must try it! When we booked this holiday back in January I knew this would be my restaurant of choice for my birthday dinner!
I went for my all time favourite holiday colour... white! With this gorgeous crochet shirt dress from LILY & CARTER, paired with my RUSSELL AND BROMLEY wedges and all time favourite clutch by SOPHIE FLEMING (all links below!) Also, keep your eyes peeled for my full birthday look, coming to the blog Monday!
The restaurant itself is super sleek and minimal. Everything is black, shiny and oozing sophistication.
After a whole load of sushi and a couple of cocktails on the side... we were well and truly full to the top! An amazing dinner at one of my favourite restaurants. I'm hoping we can squeeze in another visit before this trip is over!
It doesn't usually take long for me to get in to full holiday swing, and this week has been no different. The hotel is just amazing, the food is incredible, the pool is perfect... we really couldn't ask for anything more!
I bought this playsuit back in January... a little ahead of my self I know, but it went straight in to my summer pile ready for holiday season!
I was hoping this pale blue colour may just bring out my tan... although only a few days in I haven't got much of one yet! Pairing my blue playsuit with my H&M beach bag and ASOS shoes, and also my bikini from ASOS last year which is one of my all time favourite bikinis. I wish they did this shape in loads more colours, it just fits perfectly! An easy peasy beach look!
I have been dreaming about my up coming holiday for so many months now! Booked so far in advance, I have at least had a lot of time to look forward to it!
For me, the holiday starts the night before. When your bags are all packed... apart from the last minute toiletries! You have your travelling clothes in a neat pile, and your passports are on top so they DO NOT GET LOST. This is where the holiday starts! Usually a sleepless night due to excitement and for me... the earlier you have to get up the better! This time, we had a bit of a lie in and set of at a very sensible hour, 9am.
Arriving at the airport and waving farewell to which ever friend or relative you managed to persuade to give you a lift to the airport, it's the beginning of a adventure.
Getting the boring bits like check in and bag drop off out the way... my eyes were set on Duty Free! If you ever need an excuse to shop this is the perfect one. After all, the holiday has now officially begun so why the hell not!
After lots of window shopping at the super luxurious stores Heathrow Terminal 5 seems to offer... we went on the hunt for a WHSmiths to find that all important holiday read! I went for 'Me Before You' so I can see the film when I'm back... Along with a couple of mags for a lazy pool side read.
One long flight later (+2 and a half hour delay!) with several movies watched, we arrived in the desert land... aka Ras Al Khaimah!
Get me to the beach!
Skin health is so important, especially when summer comes around and those UV rays get all the more stronger. I have already had my first sunburn of the year! Ouch! One summer a few years back my face got really badly sunburnt. My right cheek was so bad that it kind of scabbed over (gross I know!)... even though I had been wearing factor 15 which was clearly not enough. Since that day, I have never worn lotion that is less than SPF 30 for my whole body. You still get a lovely tan but it made me realise I really do need to look after my skin.
However, it's not just on holiday you need to be careful. Your daily routine is just as important.
Now here are some of my tops tips for fresh and glowing summer skin! (Find all links below)
1. Water. Drink plenty of water. The daily recommendation is 2 litres but if you drink more than this even better. Especially when it is warm. Do go over board though... You can drink TOO much!
2. Moisturise. I moisturise everyday after my shower. I feel like when I get out of the shower my skin feels instantly dryer. You don't need anything super expensive, as long as it does the job. I use Boots Simply Sensitive. It has SPF 15 which is great as my foundation doesn't.
3. SPF. Lots of foundations these days have SPF in them which is great. It means everyday you are wearing your foundation you have a little bit of protection too. If your foundation doesn't have SPF then use a moisturiser that does! And of course up the anti on holiday. I use SPF 30 on my face but if I feel any burning at all, I always have factor 50 on hand. I use Piz Buin Ultra Light face fluid. It's not greasy at all which I love!
4. Fake it. Even better than exposing your self to harmful rays... fake tan! There are some great products on the High Street at reasonable prices. For my face I use Garnier self tan cream, and for my body... I swear by fake bake!
5. Exfoliate. I Exfoilate 2 -3 times a week but no more than that. This is enough to attain healthy glowing skin. Over exfoliating can take too much off the top layer of your skin and make it sore (BIG no no if you are holiday), taking away that desired goodness and glow! Again, I don't use anything over expensive, Boots Simply Sensitive.
6. Q10 plus. Now, you may think I'm mad. For a couple of years now I have been using Nivea Q10 plus anti wrinkle cream. I thought, lets prevent the wrinkles rather than worry once they arrive. So far... it's working! Not a wrinkle in sight... although at 24 maybe that's no surprise. I don't use it much, maybe once or twice a week but it makes me feel like I'm doing my bit to stay looking youthful!
7. Sleep. It's key to healthy looking skin! Although sleep is something we can't always have control over. There's not much you can do if you have a bad nights sleep, but if you can... get at least 8 hours.